Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Thanks Dalton!

Posted in Sketch It's by Lissa on the May 31st, 2007

Yes folks, Dalton is my 6 year old and today he inadvertently inspired this sketch. He loves to watch Cartoon Network in the mornings. I typically squash this as I don’t think kids need that much television and mornings are our time to chat and get ready for the day.

Today was different. Dalton decided to wake up at 6:15 this morning. Now, this is very atypical as I have to wake him generally about 8am. Not only that, 6:15 is “my time”. It’s right smack dab in the middle of when I’m taking my 45 mins to me to become a rational sane individual. No talking out loud, no having to look human, just time with me. But today Dalton was up and I wasn’t ready so Cartoon Network won.

This sketch was inspired by a commercial! A very cool commercial that had my favorite cartoon character on it advertising her show, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. She’s a droll nasty little girl, that Mandy. She’s also dry witted and the cartoon is not a children’s show. Thank goodness Dalton hasn’t a clue yet how adult this cartoon really is….

So, thanks little man and thanks Mandy!

Hope you enjoy.

No comments: